Getting Wedding License

Getting Wedding License

Getting Wedding License In Oregon

Nuptial Rites | Traditional Nuptials | Handfasting | The Marriage Broom |
Getting Wedding License in Oregon

Father Yule John Rakestraw
Non-denominational Wedding Officiant

I’m available as a Wedding Officiant through gigsalad

In Oregon your marriage license can come from any County and be good in that or any other County.

Your License is only good for 60 days. If you go over that time period, it becomes null and void and you will have to start all over, including paying another fee.

Legally, you are supposed to have your Marriage License for 3 days before you can get married. Sometimes a County will waive the 3 day waiting period.

For those of you who live out of town, some Counties allow you to apply for your license by mail.

After the wedding, you must go back to the County where you got your License, and pay a another fee to obtain a Certified Copy of your marriage license.

It usually takes a couple of weeks (if you get married in the busy summer months) for the County to get your license recorded before you can get copies. A Certified copy is necessary to have if the bride is planning on changing her name and/or if the groom is going to put the bride on his Insurance, etc.

After getting wedding license, The DMV should probably be your first stop, then the Social Security Administration, banks, etc.

For more information, your best resource is always your County Clerk.

Thinking of Eloping or having a Justice of the Peace type of ceremony? Not a problem. Just let me know if you would like me to officiate for you at your home or a park, etc. Getting wedding license is the same either way.

Beautiful Same Sex ceremonies are also available. You can now be legally married in Oregon. WooHoo!

Lovely Celebrations of Life are a wonderful way to celebrate the life of a loved one who has passed on. People or pets.

Pre-marital counseling is available, for those of you who would like a session. However, it is NOT a requirement.

Please don’t hesitate to call or contact me for more information on any of these ceremonies.

Father Yule John Rakestraw
(541) 606-4763
Contact Father Yule John

I’ll happily help you tie the knot as a Wedding Officiant through gigsalad


Pinterest Feed

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *